I am sadly late in posting this, but these little beauties were from my summer garden! I grew the cherry tomatoes and the basil, and boy, were they yummy! I love growing herbs, you can just take scissors to your plant anytime you have a recipe that needs it. The caprese combo is a particular favorite of mine.
To make caprese bites, all you need is tomato, basil, and some mozzarella. You can also add some olive oil if you like, but it’s not necessary for this one.
If you don’t have cherry (or grape) tomatoes on hand, you can slice up a tomato and top with the basil and mozzarella.
I am a huge fan of steak and love all kinds of cheeses — this meal is a delicious combination of both! I got the idea from a pre-made meal I saw at Trader Joe’s and figured I would try something like it. It’s easy and healthy and I hope you find it as appetizing as I did.
- Thin slab of steak
- cherry tomatoes
- goat cheese (or any cheese that crumbles)
- Cut your steak into about two inch strips.
- on each strip crumble/sprinkle the cheese, layering sliced tomatoes and spinach leaves on top.
- Roll it all together (somewhat like you would a cinnamon roll) and put a toothpick in it to keep it together.
- Place in a baking dish and broil for no more than 5 minus each side.
Note that it is somewhat messy to eat, so maybe don’t make this for the queen 😉 but it is absolutely to die for once you figure out how to eat it. Enjoy!