I love mushrooms, and portobellos are just big enough to make a meal out of. Really it looks more “piled” than “stuffed,” but adding veggies makes portobellos perfect for lunch!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 large portobello mushroom
- 1/2 of a tomato
- a few slices of onion
- a clove of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- lemon zest
- Shredded cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, or virtually any cheese you could grate will work)
- Preheat a oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the portobello mushroom on a baking sheet or dish, stem up.
- Cut very thin slices of butter and place them around the inside of the mushroom.
- Peel a clove of garlic and mince or put through a garlic press. Sprinkle it around the inside of the mushroom, over the butter.
- Slice a tomato and place around the stem.
- Grate some lemon zest over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle your choice of shredded cheese over the whole thing.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. A fork will easily slide in when it is done.
Like this post? Check out more great recipes and more by checking out Laina on Pinterest!
Do you like crafting? Take a look at Small Detail Crafts!