I am sadly late in posting this, but these little beauties were from my summer garden! I grew the cherry tomatoes and the basil, and boy, were they yummy! I love growing herbs, you can just take scissors to your plant anytime you have a recipe that needs it. The caprese combo is a particular favorite of mine.
To make caprese bites, all you need is tomato, basil, and some mozzarella. You can also add some olive oil if you like, but it’s not necessary for this one.
If you don’t have cherry (or grape) tomatoes on hand, you can slice up a tomato and top with the basil and mozzarella.
I got up from my computer to grab some dip and crackers only to find that my dip had expired. Frustrated, I opened the fridge to see what I could whip up, and came up with this dip! It is great with crackers or veggies.
- 1/2 cup onion, grated or pureed
- 1 small lemon
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tbs crumbled parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives (or use dill to make this a dill dip)
- 1/2 cup thick blue cheese, caesar or ranch salad dressing
- Use a grater to grate zest from the lemon into a bowl. Once you’ve gotten about as much zest as you can, cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- Grate onion into the bowl and use a garlic press to add the garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
NOTE: If the dip is too flavorful, add more dressing until it has calmed down to your liking.
If you like Small Detail Food then check Laina out on Pinterest, where you can find many more recipes and other fun ideas.
Love crafting? Check out Small Detail Crafts, where you’ll find tons of fun activities and cute crafts!