I am a huge fan of steak and love all kinds of cheeses — this meal is a delicious combination of both! I got the idea from a pre-made meal I saw at Trader Joe’s and figured I would try something like it. It’s easy and healthy and I hope you find it as appetizing as I did.
- Thin slab of steak
- cherry tomatoes
- goat cheese (or any cheese that crumbles)
- Cut your steak into about two inch strips.
- on each strip crumble/sprinkle the cheese, layering sliced tomatoes and spinach leaves on top.
- Roll it all together (somewhat like you would a cinnamon roll) and put a toothpick in it to keep it together.
- Place in a baking dish and broil for no more than 5 minus each side.
Note that it is somewhat messy to eat, so maybe don’t make this for the queen 😉 but it is absolutely to die for once you figure out how to eat it. Enjoy!
This meal is simple and yummy as well as very healthy!
You will need:
- 1 small lemon
- 1 small avocado
- Cheese of choice (I used cheddar because I didn’t have any other cheese around, but I would suggest parmesan)
- Lettuce or spinach (or both!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs white or red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice (from the lemon above)
- Rinse lettuce/spinach and rip into a large bowl.
- Grate as much lemon zest as your lemon allows over the lettuce.
- Cut the avocado into wedges and separate into your bowl.
- Sprinkle grated or crumbled cheese into the bowl.
- Add croutons, salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a sealable jar, squeeze the lemon into it and add the vinegar and olive oil. Seal and shake well. (Note: Depending on the size of your lemon you may want to squeeze half the lemon first and taste before adding the other half. I personally like a very lemony flavor!)
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
NOTE: If you are presenting this to company you may want to add the avocado last and arrange it nicely, as it tends to fall to the bottom when tossed.
If you like Small Detail Food and recipes like this, consider checking out Laina on Pinterest, where you’ll find tons more recipes and other fun ideas.
Do you also enjoy crafting and creating? Upcycling and repurposing? Take a look at Small Detail Crafts!